Congratulations on your decision to adopt a Jack Russell Terrier.
This wonderful breed is often misunderstood and underestimated, and too many of them end up abandoned or neglected. Jacks aren’t for everyone but, with the right home, their fierce loyalty and amazing character will shine through.
For a listing of our adoptable Jacks, click here.
To be eligible to adopt a Jack, please complete the online adoption application below.
If you have already been approved for adoption, you may pay your adoption fee by PayPal below or by interac transfer to email@example.com
Don’t see the Jack for you?
We are getting new JRTs in almost daily, so if the friend you are looking for isn’t here today, be sure to check back often to see who shows up next
In fact, it’s a good idea to fill out an adoption application right now so that you will be pre-approved when the right Jack for you becomes available.
All our Rescued Terriers are Spayed or Neutered, Microchipped, Heartworm Tested and Up to Date on Shots. Our adoption fee is $350 for adults and puppies and $175 for dogs age 10 and up.
We are run only by volunteers and receive no funding. Adoption fees do not cover our costs incurred for each rescued dog. We rely on kind donations, fundraising and adoption fees to cover the costs for rescue, rehabilitation and placement of our rescued Jack Russell Terriers.
Our rescued Jacks are usually saved from abusive situations or certain death in shelters and for so many this is their first chance at having a real home, real love, food and care from a loving family. We feel that we must; for their sake have a stringent process for selecting our adoptive families.”
***PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO LIMITED RESOURCES, JRTRO CAN ONLY RESPOND TO APPLICATIONS THAT MEET THE CRITERIA BELOW***
To adopt one of our amazing Jacks you can get started by completing the form below. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before completing this application to adopt a JRT/JRT mix from Jack Russell Terrier Rescue Ontario please carefully consider these requirements:
- JRTRO is run entirely by volunteers and every attempt will be made to contact you as soon as possible about your application; allowances must be made for the fact that we are all busy people trying to do our best.
- Jack Russell Terriers are an active, stubborn, independent breed, and although they are really intelligent and cute they are not a good choice for every home.
- All applicants for adoptions must be over the age of 18 . You have carefully considered the commitment required to care for a dog for its entire life, which could exceed 15 years.
- The financial commitment necessary to properly feed, house and provide adequate veterinary care for a pet can be expensive. You have considered the possibilities of emergency veterinary costs arising and have a plan in place to deal with such situations. You realize as dogs age, their veterinary care requirements may increase and costs may increase accordingly.
- EVERYONE IN YOUR HOME IS INTERESTED AND EXCITED ABOUT ADOPTING A RESCUE DOG
- You are knowledgeable about terriers and understand their temperaments and personalities. You have plenty of free time each day to devote to feeding, exercising and interacting with a dog.
- You have the patience necessary to train and rehabilitate a rescued dog. You understand that the transition for these dogs into new homes can take time and you may have to house train the dog.
- A Home Visit with a rescue volunteer will be performed when all individuals living in your home are present.
- No intact male or unaltered female dogs are living in your home. Dogs in your home must not be dog-aggressive.
10 You have the right home environment for a dog:
– a fenced yard or contained area for exercise
– no children under the age of 8 years are living in the home
– Jack Russells do not do well in apartments. Each application received from apartment dwellers will be considered on its own merits.
- You are willing and able to keep JRTRO updated on your dog’s progress by sharing pictures, videos and information via email or social media.
- You have a current veterinarian, have a history with a veterinarian, or have access that can be verified.
- You live in Ontario and are willing to travel to pick up a dog. The rescue does not deliver dogs.
***PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO LIMITED RESOURCES, JRTRO CAN ONLY RESPOND TO APPLICATIONS THAT MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA***